Deep-Fried Tofu With Peanut Sauce 2
Another version of Tofu in Peanut sauce.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 11g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrates 6g
Dietary Fiber 1g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 297g packets tofu, drained
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 Fresh coriander root, finely chopped
- 1 sm Fresh red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tb Sugar
- 2 tb Rice vinegar
- 1/3 c Smooth peanut buffer
- 1/4 c Coconut milk
- This calls for pressing the tofu first. It makes it denser.
- 1: Wrap tofu in 3 sheets of absorbent paper, weigh down
- with plate; let stand for 4 hours.
- 2: Just before serving, cut tofu into 2cm cubes. Deep fry
- cubes in hot oil in batches until well browned; drain on
- absorbent paper. Serve hot with warm peanut sauce.
- Combine coriander root, chilli, garlic,
- sugar and vinegar in pan, stir over heat until sugar is
- dissolved. Stir in peanut buffer and coconut milk, stir
- until heated through. Serve sprinkled with fresh coriander
- and chilli, if desired.
- Sauce can be made 3 days ahead. Storage: Covered, in
- refrigerator. Freeze: Not suitable. Microwave: Sauce