Falafel Golden Domes With Tahini Sauce
Falafel patties with Tahini sauce.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1155
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 132g
Saturated Fat 10g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 28g
Monounsaturated Fat 87g
Total Carbohydrates 84g
Dietary Fiber 20g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 lb Chickpeas; soaked overnight, cooked, and drained.
- 3 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 2 ts Ground cinnamon
- 2 ts Ground cumin
- 1 bn Parsley; minced
- 1 md Onion; grated
- 4 Scallions; minced
- 2 tb Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 c Vegetable oil
- 4 Pita breads; warmed
- 1 Tomato; finely chopped
- 2 Lemons; juiced
- 2/3 c Tahini (sesame paste)
- 3 tb -Water (or as needed)
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 2 Garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tb Fresh parsley, minced
- Black pepper
- Remove the skins from the cooked chickpeas by rubbing them
- with a dish towel.
- Place the chickpeas in a food processor and puree them.
- Add the garlic, baking powder, coriander, cumin, parsley,
- onions, scallions, and cilantro. Blend the ingredients
- together so that a smooth paste is formed. Add some water
- if necessary. Let the mixture rest for 30 minutes.
- Form the paste into patties that are 2-inch in diameter
- and 1/2-inch thick.
- In a medium large saucepan place the vegetable oil and
- heat it on medium high until it is hot. Add the patties
- and deep-fry them for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they are
- golden brown. Drain them on paper towels.
- In each of the pita breads place some of the falafel,
- tomatoes, lemon juice, and Tahini Sauce.
- For Tahini Sauce:
- In a small bowl place the tahini, water, and lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients together so that a smooth sauce is
- formed (add more water if necessary).
- Add the garlic, parsley, and black pepper. Mix them in so
- that they are well blended.