Fasolia Gigandes (Butter Bean Stew)
Butter Bean Cassarole.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 15g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 59g
Dietary Fiber 15g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 1/2 lb Dried butter beans
- 1/2 c Pure olive oil
- 2 md Onions, finely chopped
- 1 ea Garlic clove, pressed
- 3 lg Ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
- 3/4 c Tomato sauce
- 3 tb Italian parsley, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 c Water
- Put the beans in a large pot and cover with water. Bring
- to a boil over medium heat and cook, partly covered, for
- about 1 hour, or until beans are almost tender. Drain and
- set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a heavy saucepan, heat the oil and saute the onions
- until translucent. Add the garlic, tomatoes, tomato sauce,
- parsley, salt and pepper, and water. Simmer, covered, over
- low heat for about 20 minutes, until sauce starts to
- thicken. Transfer the beans to a casserole or baking dish,
- pour the tomato mixture over, and stir. Bake for about 40
- minutes, until the beans are tender and the sauce is
- thick. Serve warm or at room temperature.