Fava Bean Burgers
You can change the spices in this recipe to make a different Fava Burger.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrates 22g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 c Multi grain oats
- 1/8 c Bran
- 1/4 c Wheat germ
- 1/3 c Dry potato flakes
- 3/4 c V-8 juice
- 1 Egg
- 1 cn Fava beans - 19 oz. drained
- 1 c Carrots; shredded
- 1/2 c Onion; finely chopped
- 1/4 c Green pepper; finely chopped Spices
Regular Spice Option
- 1/8 ts Garlic powder
- 1/8 ts White pepper
- 1/4 ts Oregano
- 1/4 ts Basil
- 1/4 ts Rosemary
- 1/4 ts Ground sage
- 4 ds Tabasco
- **Spices may be changed to Cajun, Indian, Italian, Mexican
- depending on what you want.
- Place Oats, potato buds, bran, wheat germ in bowl and mix
- with the V 8. Let stand for 15 minutes. Stir in egg and
- Drain Fava beans, place in small bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix vegetables, oat mixture and beans in medium bowl until
- well blended.
- Press firmly into 1/4 lb hamburger press.
- Lightly oil non stick fry pan and fry over med heat (325
- if using electric fry pan) for approximately 8 minutes per
- side or until browned and crisp.
- Place on cake rack over cookie sheet and bake for 20-30
- minutes so inside of burger gets set. Or make thinner
- Cool, wrap individually, freeze.